Keep track of the adventure.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Last night was awesome!

So I was in this bar a few nights ago (bars in Spain are where everyone goes to pass the time, whether or not you get a drink, but most everyone does), and I saw a flyer for a jazz concert. I went to it last night, and turns out it was a benefit concert for the victims of hurricain Katrina. I was moved by these Spaniards reaching out like that. And moreover, the music moved me too. Some incredibly talented jazz artists were playing. After that, I went and saw this low key bossa nova show in a small bar. Needless to say, I enjoyed myself there too. It´s actually kind of hard to find live music here in Santander, so I feel lucky to have gotten a double dose in one night. Oh, and I ate dinner at the Peter Pan bar last night. The tavern´s logo is just this huge image of Disney´s rendition of the character. I don´t have much to say for the bar, but I found that interesting. Along that line, there´s a Friends bar in town with the exact font and style of the TV show. I haven´t gone in though. Well there´s an update. I´ll get some more pictures coming soon. Laters.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jason - glad you finaly found the right button to "SEND" your blogs! I don't like to see those bad moods!!! Those concerts sound so fun and interesting. I'm glad you're venturing out and exploring the locals! Rick Steve's would be proud! Day three on my new job, so far so good. Holly survived her first day at Lane, but not without some difficulty! Amy's 25th birthday is tomorrow. Dad is bringing a friend over tonight to cook peruvian food for us. Should be delicious! Gotta run - love you! Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! a Peter Pan bar?! no way! that's crazy slash amazing!!! you need to take a picture of it! Anyway, lol hello brother of mine! How i love thee! Seriously i hope your having the best time ever! It seems that you already are! So remember, whatever you do just listen to your heart, that's what i do. Oh and i want you to bring me back a hott young Spaniard for Christmas. Well i hope that you have the best time of your life! keep us all updated!

Anonymous said...

i love the pictures Jas! VERY professional. lol and beautiful as well.

Anonymous said...

Jason, I need more information, I need details, stories, something. We are suffering from information underload!!! Talk to me man!! The photos are great but I haven't seen you in one of them. Are you really in Spain or is this another one of those covert opeations? You did talk to the CIA didn't you? Have a great day son, I love and miss you. I'll talk to you later.
(I imoth 6:11-16.)

Anonymous said...

hey Jas,

hope all is well, my school week is almost over! SO CLOSE. these three hour classes are going to get to me i have a feeling. My parents came up tonight, they have empty nest syndrom pretty bad i think. Oh, the post office sent some thing to antioch having to do with your change of address form, it said something to extent of they cant foward one person's mail from an organization or something like that. I dont really know, i gave it to Joe. Anyway, i better get to some reading. My folks say hi and they are praying for you! we miss you, talk to you later!

*Amanda lee*