Keep track of the adventure.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Prepare Yourself For What You´re About To See

This image will either leave you speechless or render you absolutely furious. I say that last bit because it´s a big file, and unless you´ve got fast internet, you´d better start downloading it now, while you go work out at the gym or go winter clothes shopping, or start a game of chess with that old friend, or whatever you like to do that you know will take a few hours, ´cause this one is a monster. I might have exaggerated, but I know I´ll be home again before my family gets it downloaded. Here it is¨

Intense panoramic of Santander and the Bay

This photo is courtesy of a close friend of mine at the Antioch House by the name of Josiah DePaoli. A class act with a knack for Photoshopping. (Note to older generation: That´s where you take images and do cool computer stuff to them so that they become even cooler. I don´t have enough space or time to also define the word ¨cool¨ for you though...sorry.) See if you can find the hidden image of Adam Rothrock within the picture.

Well let´s see, what´s there to tell as of today, Tuesday...

I went to a basketball game in this fairly large stadium that was unfortunately a little boring, even with overtime and a nail biter ending. I bite my nails anyways (ignore that comment mom) and the level of competition just wasn´t that great. I so wished I was at a beaver game. One funny thing was that all the boys around the age of 5 to 10 were up on the last row running around with those inflateable bats beating each other senseless. I ended up getting some pizza with friends after that. Not a bad night, considering I didn´t have to pay for the game. But yeah, what else...Oh yeah, I have a few more pictures to show.

One is of my my host grandma (Abuela I call her). Her names Flora. I had Begoña, my host mom, take the picture, and wow...what a fiasco! We seriously took the same picture about 5 times cause grandma wouldn´t smile long enough for the red eye flash to take the picture, and Begoña could center us, and the dog was jumping in and out of every other photo attempt. We were all having a good laugh though. Flora was always super concerned that her slip would show, and she continually fluffed her hair with the movie star glamour motion. But she was a crack up. Here it is though:

Flora and I

Also, I have a picture of my room now. About time, sorry.

My Chambers

And a few other just kinda random shots. The dog made it into a couple again.

The Bay at Night
The Bay at Twilight
Typical Cup of Coffee
Bizca on the Carpet
Bizca the Sphinx

I case anyone was wondering...this blog is going to be about my adventures in Spain, but only until Dec 2nd. After that, I´ll be traveling a bit, so I don´t know how much internet access I´ll have for about a week. I´ll be back home in Oregon for almost the entire month of January, then it´s off to Europe again. This time, though, I´ll be in a city in France called, Angers. I won´t be coming home until the start of June, so look forward to several more month of what I would hope you all would consider quality blogging. Thanks for commenting those of you who do. I´ll keep the updates coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jas! Loved your blog and pictures! The story of grandma is so cute. She looks really good for her age. I pictured a little old lady. Nice room -and it's clean!!! Are you still biting those nails? 0:) I opened up the panaramic picture at work, because you're right, it would have taken about two days at home with dial-up. It was great. I'm going to send your host family a christmas gift. I'll probably send it out in the next couple of weeks to make sure it gets there in time. I have to get back to work. Love you and miss you so much!

Anonymous said...

I am furiously speechless. well, actually it only took like 10 seconds on my furiously fast internet. well, maybe speechless anyways...